Broccoli Pizza Crust
Pizza is always a YES when it comes to eating something special. But traditional pizzas are loaded with lots and lots of calories, refined wheat flour, and other processed items. Why not make a pizza which can provide a lot of health benefits and makes you eat your greens! This Broccoli Pizza Crust is gluten-free, low on carb, and a healthy alternative to traditional pizza dough. Plus, it’s a great way of sneaking some extra veggies for the family.
This Broccoli crust pizza is rich in fiber, protein contains iron, potassium, calcium, and is rich in vitamins. Above all, it gives you full satisfaction of having a cheesy pizza!
Big Broccoli head, grated
1 egg (to bind the ingredients)
1 cup Mozzarella
1/3rd cup parmesan cheese
Your favorite veggies (I used onion & capsicum)
Seasonings- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
1. Grate the broccoli florets using a grater and microwave them for 2 minutes.
2. Then squeeze out all the extra liquid using a cheesecloth, and transfer it back to the emptied bowl.
3. Add the other ingredients to the bowl.
4. Using a fork, mix all the ingredients until they are sticky and well combined.
5. Transfer the mixture to a round pan and use your hands to shape the broccoli mixture into a crust.
6. Put it in the oven at 350°C until the cheese starts to melt and the crust becomes golden.
7. Take it out and apply pizza sauce, veggies, and some more cheese.
8. As the broccoli crust is cooked, you just have to bake it for some time so that the cheese melts and the veggies are softened. Ta-da! Pizza is ready to serve!
It takes less than half an hour from start to finish – way quicker than waiting for that takeout to be delivered! It’s a really tasty alternative that you can enjoy anytime, and the whole family will love it!
Also, if you are worried that the pizza will have a strong broccoli odor, then I would like to say that honestly, it’s super tasty and doesn’t have a strong broccoli taste. Make it yourself guys!