- Ms. Mayura Mahajani
Broccoli is not an Indian vegetable but available in winter in most of the cities of India.
· It is low calorie but a good source of fiber and protein.
· Contains iron, calcium, potassium, selenium, and magnesium as well as
· Rich in the vitamin A, C, E, K content.
· Contains a good amount of vitamin B including Folic acid.
Per 100 gm. of Broccoli contains
· Calories: 31 kcal.
· Water: 89%
· Protein: 2.5 grams.
· Carbs: 6 grams.
· Sugar: 1.5 grams.
· Fiber: 2.4 grams.
· Fat: 0.4 grams.
• Broccoli -250 gm.
• Garlic cloves - 4
• Almonds- 7-8 ( Soaked overnight)
• Milk- 1 cup
• Homemade Butter- 1 tsp.
• Black pepper powder
• Place a pan on a burner. Take 1 teaspoon butter in the pan. Allow it to melt.
• Add chopped garlic and broccoli. Stir it well. Add a cup of milk and soaked almonds.
• Put the lid on the pan and allow it to cook for a min. Turn the burner off.
• Once it gets cool, blend it on the mixer
• Add Salt and pepper as per the taste.
• Warm it and serve.
Being a low-calorie, high protein is beneficial in different lifestyle disorders.