SAY GOOD BYE TO PERIOD CRAMPS
Period cramps is very common problem, before and during menstruation, but they can also occur after the period has ended, as uterus contracts to help expel its lining.
Hormone like substance (prostaglandins) are associated with more severe menstrual cramps that’s why period so painful.
Period cramps can feel like an ache they can be sharp and stabbing or a consistent, dull pain you will them lower in the abdomen than your stomach and the pain can reach your upper legs and lower back. But we can cure this cramp with the help of diet.
THESE FOOD ALTERNATIVES WILL HELP EASE CRAMPINGWHILE KEEPING YOU ON A HEALTHY DIET.
1. LOW SALT SNACKs. A lot of women can relate to having an intense craving for all things salty during their period .Salt cause water retention and bloating.
2. FOOD HIGH IN CALCIUM. Calcium helps reduce your cramps.
3. IRON RICH FOODS. Naturally, losing a lot of blood means you re more prone to anemia.
To fight this, recommends eating red meat, seafood, and poultry.
4. GINGER. Commonly used to treat an upset stomach, ginger’s anti-inflammatory properties can also help ease period pain caused by cramps.
Just like saffron, ginger goes well with teas or sauces; it can also be blended into smoothies.
5. NUTS AND SEEDS. Being high in vitamin E, nuts, seeds and vegetable oils can help prevent menstrual migraines.
6. FIBER_RICH FOODS. Whole grains, fruits and vegetables can help ease constipation, which is common during your period. Getting enough fruits and veggies can remedy this problem.
7. FISH. Omega-3 fatty acid also have anti-inflammatory properties which means they lessen period cramps.
8. DARK CHOCOLATE. Chocolate is the best period comfort food as it is low on sugar and contains caffeine that will elevate your mood and also satisfy your sweet cravings.
9. BANANAS. If you are suffering from an irregular bowel movement or period banana will make all your troubles go away.
10. GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES. Are loaded with iron and calcium both of which help in reducing and managing pain.
11. WATER. Also warm or hot liquids can help soothe your cramps, so drinking your water in the form of the hot chamomile tea that’s also on this list is a solid option.
12. ORANGES AND LEMONS. It has essential nutrients which our body needs to stay healthy and feel good. Oranges help in reducing cramps and citrus fruits can regulate your mood. Vitamin c which aid in iron absorption. Besides vitamins they contain a lot of fiber and water, which will keep your body hydrated and your digestion on track.
Making these simple dietary changes will help ease discomfort during that time of the month while also making sure you’re getting enough nutrition.
Don’t worry you can still indulge in that delicious bar of chocolate once in a while.
While all foods are ok in moderation, you might want to avoid certain foods that worsen the symptoms of your period.
Its common to have cravings during or after your period .if your mood is low, you might feel the need for comfort food .Eat the foods you enjoy, but in moderation.
THIS DRINK IS THE BEST DRINK FOR CRAMPS
TURMERIC TEA FOR MENSTRUAL RELIEF (TURMERIC TEA)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Dairy free milk (LIKE EASIEST COCONUT MILK OR ALMOND MILK).
RECIPE NOTES. Coconut milk and almond milk are great homemade options for a dairy free milk.
1 cup dairy free milk
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tsp honey
1. Heat milk on the stove top until hot.
2. Stir in the spices and honey.
Your pain depends upon your lifestyle and your diet also.